Rx volume is skyrocketing
Rx volume is skyrocketing...up 50% since 1992.
More new drugs...and more aging boomers will fuel the trend.
Pharmacists are already working as fast as they can...juggling dispensing and insurance hassles with patient care.
Table of Contents
- Rx volume is skyrocketing
- Zithromax for acne
- Kinerase, a new nonprescription cream for wrinkles
- Procarin, the experimental treatment for multiple sclerosis
- You'll see more women taking Evista (raloxifene) to TREAT osteoporosis
- Actonel (risedronate), a new drug for Paget's disease
- More diabetics on intensive therapy will use insulin pumps
- IV Synercid
- Arimidex (anastrozole) is at least as effective as tamoxifen for advanced breast cancer
- estrogen cream (Premarin) for recurrent nosebleeds
- treating depression caused by alpha-interferons
- dipyridamole (Persantine, etc) with ASA to prevent stroke
- foods containing soy can reduce the risk of heart disease
- Head lice are becoming resistant to permethrin (Nix)
- famotidine (Pepcid) for autism
- DHEA might be useful for depression
- Miacalcin Nasal Spray (calcitonin)
- no longer making beclomethasone inhalers or nasal sprays (Beclovent, Beconase, etc)