Actonel (risedronate), a new drug for Paget's disease
Procter and Gamble is now marketing Actonel (risedronate), a new drug for Paget's disease.
Actonel is a bisphosphonate...similar to Fosamax.
Patients take 30 mg of Actonel once daily for 2 months.
Table of Contents
- Rx volume is skyrocketing
- Zithromax for acne
- Kinerase, a new nonprescription cream for wrinkles
- Procarin, the experimental treatment for multiple sclerosis
- You'll see more women taking Evista (raloxifene) to TREAT osteoporosis
- Actonel (risedronate), a new drug for Paget's disease
- More diabetics on intensive therapy will use insulin pumps
- IV Synercid
- Arimidex (anastrozole) is at least as effective as tamoxifen for advanced breast cancer
- estrogen cream (Premarin) for recurrent nosebleeds
- treating depression caused by alpha-interferons
- dipyridamole (Persantine, etc) with ASA to prevent stroke
- foods containing soy can reduce the risk of heart disease
- Head lice are becoming resistant to permethrin (Nix)
- famotidine (Pepcid) for autism
- DHEA might be useful for depression
- Miacalcin Nasal Spray (calcitonin)
- no longer making beclomethasone inhalers or nasal sprays (Beclovent, Beconase, etc)