preventing methadone toxicity
You'll see more focus on preventing methadone toxicity.
Methadone use for chronic pain is increasing...and so are deaths from accidental overdose.
Many of these problems occur within 7 days of starting therapy.
Table of Contents
- guidelines on Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- preventing methadone toxicity
- Health Canada's new flu guidelines
- Wellbutrin XL (bupropion) will be used to PREVENT depression in patients with seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- increased risk of fetal oral clefts with lamotrigine (Lamictal) use during the first trimester
- new protease inhibitor called Prezista (darunavir)
- whether diphenhydramine (Benadryl, etc) helps infants sleep
- new warnings about using rosiglitazone (Avandia) in patients with ANY degree of heart failure
- new Canadian OTC product for head lice called Resultz
- warning about combining triptans (Imitrex, etc) with serotonergic antidepressants (Prozac, Effexor XR, etc)
- Nexavar (sorafenib), the first ORAL drug for advanced kidney cancer
- People are concerned about the safety of contact lens solutions
- Some supplements sold for erectile dysfunction contain ingredients that are the same or similar to Viagra and Levitra
- which drugs cause erectile dysfunction (ED) and the best way to manage it
- Health clinics are opening up in retail pharmacies
- Many travellers are asking which liquid, cream, or gel meds they can take on flights