Vfend (voriconazole), a new antifungal
You'll hear about Vfend (voriconazole), a new antifungal.
It's available in the U.S. now...within a year for Canada.
Vfend is in the same class as itraconazole (Sporanox).
Table of Contents
- how to treat persistent pain in the elderly
- statins might cause peripheral neuropathy
- new prostaglandin eyedrop for glaucoma called Lumigan (bimatoprost)
- Should women stop taking oral contraceptives before surgery?
- Zoloft (sertraline) or Prozac (fluoxetine) for premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)
- Kineret (anakinra), a new biotech drug for rheumatoid arthritis
- Summer travellers are asking about international precautions
- reintroducing the IV antifungal Cancidas
- Vfend (voriconazole), a new antifungal
- when it's appropriate to use "alternate site testing" for measuring blood glucose
- angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) might help prevent headaches
- hyponatremia in patients taking SSRIs (fluoxetine, etc) or venlafaxine (Effexor)
- Celebrex (celecoxib) is now approved for a hereditary form of colorectal cancer
- Nexrutine, an herbal ingredient being called a "natural COX-2 inhibitor."
- astaxanthin (as-ta-ZAN-thin), an antioxidant that's popping up in many products
- men getting BOTH Proscar and an alpha-blocker for benign prostatic hyperplasia